- Labour’s ‘local campaigns’, a view from the trenches
- US strikes to change geopolitical balance of power
- Right-wing populism, a socialist answer
- France 2017: The next big surprise?
- Media demands a new Labour leader
- Israel: Democracy or tyranny of the majority?
- EU citizen rights – The Tory leave deception
Useful Twitter Links
Category Archives: Politics
Labour’s right-wing and the press have been making dire predictions of a Labour defeat on June 8th. Jeremy Corbyn’s opponents inside the party are getting their blame in early, calling on Corbyn to ‘take the hit’ and resign when, as … Continue reading
The US carried out an air strike on a Syrian airbase in what they claimed was retaliation for an alleged chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun, which killed 74 people including 11 children, on April 4th 2017. The strike was carried … Continue reading
The neoliberal consensus of the mainstream political parties that had its roots in the 1980s doctrines of Thatcherism and Reaganomics ended in failure with the financial crash of 2007-2008. Polarisation took the place of this consensus leading to a surge … Continue reading
France’s Presidential election set for April 23rd could deliver the next major political surprise with the increasing popularity of Front National’s Marine Le Pen. From the outset most of the political elite were confident that Les Républicains candidate François Fillon … Continue reading