- Qatar-Gulf crisis: A fallout among thieves
- Labour’s ‘local campaigns’, a view from the trenches
- US strikes to change geopolitical balance of power
- Right-wing populism, a socialist answer
- France 2017: The next big surprise?
- Media demands a new Labour leader
- Israel: Democracy or tyranny of the majority?
Useful Twitter Links
Category Archives: European Crisis
France’s Presidential election set for April 23rd could deliver the next major political surprise with the increasing popularity of Front National’s Marine Le Pen. From the outset most of the political elite were confident that Les Républicains candidate François Fillon … Continue reading
Promises to EU citizens All the major leave EU organisations during the referendum campaign made promises guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens to continue to reside in the UK. The official Vote Leave campaign was unequivocal in its promise to … Continue reading
Everyone’s a fascist! “It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, … Continue reading
The problems that beset the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between the EU and Canada is a sobering reminder of the minefield that the UK will have to tread through once Article 50 is triggered. CETA, which passed its … Continue reading