- Qatar-Gulf crisis: A fallout among thieves
- Labour’s ‘local campaigns’, a view from the trenches
- US strikes to change geopolitical balance of power
- Right-wing populism, a socialist answer
- France 2017: The next big surprise?
- Media demands a new Labour leader
- Israel: Democracy or tyranny of the majority?
Useful Twitter Links
Category Archives: Quick Views and Commentary
The media seized on Labour’s by-election loss of Copeland, a seat it had held for eighty years, to vent its hostility towards Jeremy Corbyn and demand his resignation. In blaming Corbyn they provide a fig leaf covering the damage done … Continue reading
US president Donald Trump and Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyanu recent meeting, where they all but agreed to scrap the two state solution, merely formalises Israel’s march towards an apartheidesque state. Defending the Israeli state, supporters praise Israel’s democratic credentials. … Continue reading
Promises to EU citizens All the major leave EU organisations during the referendum campaign made promises guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens to continue to reside in the UK. The official Vote Leave campaign was unequivocal in its promise to … Continue reading
Is it all threats or will there really be a split? Supporters of the Labour Coup and their allies in the media have raised the spectre of a split in the party if Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign as Labour … Continue reading